This page has moved to a new address.

Tees Plea$e

!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Feathers Boutique: Tees Plea$e

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Tees Plea$e

The price of a vintage band shirt has gotten a out of control. What used to be an easy find in a thrift store has turned into a rare find at a high-end boutique. What’s funny is that people will buy them even if they don’t listen to the band. Just like with sports jerseys, shouldn’t you wear a rock tee because you love the band? Don’t get me wrong, wearing ironic shirts like Cinderella or Twisted Sister can be pretty hilarious. I have grown a small collection over the years and consider myself lucky every time I get a new one.
I have photographed some of my personal collection along with some that I’m currently drooling over online.

The back of my Sabbath Bloody Sabbath shirt. Ozzy Sabbath shirts are more valuable than Dio Sabbath shirts.


My favorite Metallica shirt because it came out before Cliff Burton died and was the original title of their first album.


An amazing Yes jersey I scored on the last trip to New York.


Some times I prefer the back of a tee and will wear it backwards. This Grateful Dead shirt is a great example.


The back of one of my Jethro Tull shirts. Who knew playing a flute could be so rockin'?


The back of my Iron Maiden Powerslave tee. I am most obsessed with Iron Maiden shirts. Their mascot Eddie appears on every one as a different creature. This shirt shows him as the Sphinx.


Here he is again on a slightly different Powerslave tee I saw on Ebay for $250.


Here he is again surfing on a shark on a very rare Hawaii concert tee that's on Ebay for $900! Regional shirts are very valuable since they were only sold at a few concerts.


This is my favorite!! Eddie is Don Johnson on Miami Vice. This shirt is also a jersey which makes it even cooler.


The back of the same shirt features a hot babe and the dates. She can be yours for $900!


AND...I also found a Texas '82 shirt which is even cooler since it's a) a Texas shirt and b) right after Bruce Dickinson joined the band.


I traded out a Motorhead and a Rolling Stones tee for this ZZ Top 1980 Deguelo Texas tour shirt. Totally worth it!


I also love this Rush/Ozzy jersey with Frank Frazetta art on the front. Apparently my dog's vet was at one of these shows!

The shirts below are on my wishlist:





I saw the same Bob Dylan at a vintage store in New York recently and it was nearly $500...the same price as some of their couture!

These shirts are some of my favorite possessions and I hope to grow the collection much further.

Emily

1 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Oh man! I totally have that Dio shirt Emily! If I ever part with it I know where it will go.

December 13, 2009 at 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home