This page has moved to a new address.

In the closet...

!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Feathers Boutique: In the closet...

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

In the closet...

I recently moved and now have the closet I've always wanted. I love how just by moving the same items into a new space, everything can seem new and fresh again. I just did a major closet clean out and spent a lot of time organizing and appreciating some of my favorite items. I've been collecting platforms for years and they are all over my house in lieu of tchotchkes. Here are some of the more "unwearable" ones with staggering heights of 5 inches or more.



These purple suede platforms are perfection.  The only reason I don't wear them is because I don't own anything light purple.





Snake skin wedges Masha got for me in LA.




These donut wedges are called Leapin' Lizards!! Yes, the exclamation points are even in the logo.





I love these navy suede platforms but man I'm afraid of a Naomi Campbell-Vivienne Westwood kinda moment in them.





Have you ever seen kelly green suede platforms?




Fetish black mary janes.  Not walkable AT ALL!




I scored these at a thrift store years ago and it was an out of body experience. They are Korean and are some sort of quilted Chanel-Westwood-goth-pilgrim bootie hybrid. Jeffrey Campbell please manufacture these!




These Prada suede cut-out platforms are so beautiful and delicate. Now that it's spring, they'll come out to play soon.





These red leather wedges are Cherokee and have an interesting shape. I think I could manage these for a few hours with some disco pants or leather leggings.


Shoes are works of art, and practical or not, are my favorite part of my closet. 

-Emily

2 Comments:

Anonymous Bekah said...

your collection is bitchin awesome!!!

March 10, 2010 at 9:49 PM  
Blogger Feathers Boutique said...

Thanks! I want more but these are becoming impossible to find.

March 11, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home