This page has moved to a new address.

INTERVIEW with jewelry designer CATHERINE ABSTON!!!

!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Feathers Boutique: INTERVIEW with jewelry designer CATHERINE ABSTON!!!

Monday, September 5, 2011

INTERVIEW with jewelry designer CATHERINE ABSTON!!!


You might remember the trunk show we had a few weeks ago for 
Catherine Abston or seen some of her amazing leather and 
bone breastplates around the store.

She is a very talented designer and we've decided it's about time 
we learned a little bit more about our fabulous jewelry designers!!

Picture from Catherine's in-store trunk show.

1. How long have you been designing? How did you get started?

I have been designing since I was about 21. Silly as it sounds I started with 
friendship bracelets...then beading...sewing bags and hats....I would do 
festivals in Houston. Those were pretty fun days!

2. What inspires your designs?

I really like blending things that are from different cultures or just different 
organic materials. For example, I love to put faceted stones with snake 
vertebrae or bones. Two worlds collide type thing.

Hand Crafted Buckskin Leather Bag SOLD, Macaw Feather Fringe Necklace $140


3. Where do you see yourself in five years?

Well I just sort of quit my day job...so I plan to be a full time artist. I hope 
that I will be having help manufacturing my wares...For example, the leather 
work takes a toll on me physically. Help with that would be a god send, that 
way I can spend more time on my trend setting-fabulous ideas.

 Close up of Catherine's leather bags. The Black Fringe Rabbit Leather Bag is $498, rest have sold.

4. What are you wearing right now and where did you get it?

Today I am wearing a vintage silk black slip that I have had forever. A blue 
jean vest that I have hand sewn a grateful dead steal your face patch on. It 
also has a giant black crow on the side of it. Ermine tail earrings (of her own 
design) and flip flops. Nothing glamorous, but I find it is my summer uniform.

 Beaded Bone Breastplate $148, Detail Shot from the Trunk Show

5. If you were stranded on an island what 5 things could you not live without?

  This is the hardest question of them all....

1.SUNGLASSES!!!
2. Karite lip balm
3. My dog
4.iPod
5.Canvases and oil paints. 
I could finally have time to work on my paintings.
 
Yup, those things could make me happy!!


And, here is the lady of the hour, Catherine Abston!!!
She made her dress and she's rocking the Jeffrey Campbell Kelsey's!


Thank you so much for being awesome Catherine. Keep up the good work!

Love,
Feathers!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home